I was spending my evening as usual,stalking my Facebook buddies,and eating Sardines on Chicken-in-a-biskits,when I came across the lovely Christine's
status update wherein she laments over the deluge of anti-Obama e-mails she receives from one of her relatives.
She didn't get into the specifics of type,but my thoughts went directly to the abundance of Obama jokes
that have permeated the interweaves since his inauguration.
We've all seen them a hundred times..
Watermelons growing on the White House lawn.
Obama shining Sarah Palin's shoes..
Obama riding a camel,and wearing a Turban..
You get the idea.
Obviously,and immediately,they tend to repulse folks of good conscience by virtue of,..well,..their complete lack of virtue.
Still,and right up there in my top two criticisms,is the disappointing fact that they simply are not funny!
I've come to the conclusion that Conservatives,by and large,absolutely do not have a clue as to how to put the 'fun' in funny.
Let's face it..It doesn't take a 'Dr. House' to take one look at John Boehner's strained countenance,and attribute his malevolent behavior to the fact that this
is a man that hasn't had a decent bowel movement in decades.
I mean,..damn..Lighten up homie.
I truly enjoy a good joke but,where's the flavor?..where's the nuance?..where's the craftsmanship that goes into constructing a genuinely humorous scenario??
And so,..in a bi-partisan attempt to take up the half-assed slackedness of my Right Wing contemporaries,I offer up the following on their behalf.
You don't have to agree with the premise,to get a grin out of some o' these...
- Based on his performance in office so far, President Obama should do just fine on his future tax returns.. After all, he will be able to write off his second term.
- The Obama economy is so bad,..that the CEO of Wal-Mart was seen shopping at Wal-Mart.
- Under Obama,everyone in America will be working for the government.. Democrats will be on the payrolls and Republicans will be on the tax rolls.
- Due to Obama's lending agreement with our creditors,.'Made In America' stickers will now be manufactured in China. (Now that's funny right there!..I don't care who ya are).
- "I thought it was one of those heartwarming infomercials.. It had a wonderful ending. In the final scene,Barack Obama is adopted by Angelina Jolie." ~Dave Letterman.
- John McCain, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama all die and go to heaven. God looks down from his throne and asks McCain, "Do you think you deserve to be in heaven?"
McCain takes a breath and then replies, "Well, I think so because I was a great leader and tried to follow the words in your great book." God looks down and then says, "You can sit to my left side."
So, McCain takes his seat and then God asks the same question to Hillary, "Do you think you deserve to be in heaven?" Hillary thinks for a second and then replies, "I think so because I have been fighting for the rights of so many people for so long." God again looks down and this time says, "You can sit to my right side."
Finally God turns to Barack Obama and asks, "Do you think you deserve to be in heaven?"
Obama smiled and replied, "I think you're in my seat."
Just sayin',..you might want to copy these down,to interject the next time you find yourselves surrounded by the juvenile offerings that seem to pass for humor amongst the staid Republican'ts.
...You'll be the hit of the Tea Party.
Labels: Funny you should mention it..